This article addresses the status of the Flash-based topology visualization component in CruzOC v9 and earlier versions (including OMNM), and how to upgrade CruzOC v10
This affects only customers who are using CruzOC Visualization / Topology features.
Prior to Cruz Operations Center (CruzOC) version 10, the product relied on browser support for Adobe Flash for visualization.
Adobe has discontinued Flash and support ends on December 31, 2020. Browsers will also no longer support Flash. Click here for details from Adobe.
- CruzOC v10 eliminates Flash dependency. The new visualization and topology mapping features will have a new look, however, will behave similarly, and will provide better performance and improved capabilities.
- To get the new visualization, existing customers will need to upgrade to CruzOC v10.
- See this video for an overview.
Cruz v10 GA
To request your upgrade, please contact support and select the 'request an upgrade' option.
It is a standard upgrade. When you receive the new v10 package, click execute, and follow the install wizard. The process should be the same as any upgrade performed in the past. At the time of this article, there are no known steps that would deviate from the normal process.
To use the topology visualizer after Flash is discontinued, use a browser version that still supports Flash and a Flash version no higher than 22.214.171.1241. After v126.96.36.1991, the flash updates contain a time bomb that stopped all Flash on Jan 12, 2021. You'll also want to disable updates to the browser and Flash versions until you are able to upgrade to Cruz v10.
- We recommend using Firefox for this transitional workaround. Here is an article that provides steps for a Firefox-based solution.
- If you choose to explore other browsers or flash versions. Click here for a list of Flash-supported browsers. Earlier Firefox versions Earlier Chrome version
CruzOC v10 will not have backward compatibility for browsers that still support Flash. Only the new visualization and topology will be supported.
Please contact us if you have any questions.